Someone reads a newspaper

Corporate News

Latest news about adesso SE

Dortmund, 27.06.2013

adesso launches new solution for automatically modernizing software systems

adesso AG / Key word(s): Investment/Strategic Company Decision

27.06.2013 / 10:34


Using a new solution from adesso, companies can now update old applications
with a minimum of effort: The adesso Transformer takes Cobol and other
programming languages developed in the past and converts them into modern
Java code. adesso AG founded a new subsidiary specifically for the purpose
of developing this solution further: Based in Vienna, adesso Transformer
GmbH will also handle sales of the new product in German-speaking

Founding the new company is part of adesso's growth strategy and sees the
company expand its portfolio of IT services. Many companies use
applications that are essential for their business processes but were
created with technologies that are no longer up to date. Maintenance work
and ongoing development of these legacy or host systems require both a lot
of time and money.

The adesso Transformer can automatically convert old applications into a
modern application system based on object-oriented Java. In this way,
companies can adapt to current business requirements and integrate new
business processes. Using the Transformer, it is possible to complete these
types of modernization projects at a fraction of the usual costs. Companies
that have already availed themselves of this great new solution are ITSV
GmbH, the Austrian social welfare system's IT service provider, and UNIQA
Software Service, the IT subsidiary of UNIQA Group, one of the leading
insurance groups in Austria, Central Europe and Eastern Europe.

To ensure the best possible market position for this innovative
modernization concept in German-speaking countries, adesso Transformer GmbH
will concentrate on marketing it throughout Europe and pressing ahead with
its further development.

adesso AG controls 51 percent of the Vienna-based company. The remaining 49
percent is held by Thomas Zellinger, who is leaving his executive position
at adesso Austria GmbH to take up the management of the new company.

The Executive Board

Martin Möllmann
Manager Investor Relations
Tel.: +49 231 930-9330

End of Corporate News


27.06.2013 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a
company of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.

DGAP's Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements,
Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Media archive at and


Language:    English                                             
Company:     adesso AG                                           
             Stockholmer Allee 24                                
             44269 Dortmund                                      
Phone:       +49 (0) 231 930-9330                                
Fax:         +49 (0) 231 930-9331                                
ISIN:        DE000A0Z23Q5                                        
WKN:         A0Z23Q                                              
Listed:      Regulierter Markt in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt  
             (General Standard), Hamburg, Stuttgart              
End of News    DGAP News-Service  
218418 27.06.2013                                                      

Do you have any questions?